Reminiscence

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

14 July 06 - Durian picking at Pulau Ubin

I saw these photos from Ubin Volunteer yahoo group. I was amazed to see so many durians on a tree.

A group went to pick durians. I was not there. I learnt from my friends that durians usually fall to the ground at night so it is quite safe to pick durians during the day. Could not imagine the pain and impact if a durian fell on your head! Ouch!





Savouring the creamy and rich fruits ;-)

While the rest were searching for durians, the butterfly man was hard at work ! This rare butterfly, Discophora sondaica was sighted at the durian plantation. This is a new species record for Ubin !

Thanks to Gan CW who permits me to post his photos online.

Related Pulau Ubin posts:

1 Comments:

  • Interesting... I've never seen durians on trees before... they look kinda hairy from that distance, like a cross between grapes and rambutans haha. =P

    By Blogger peishanyeo, at 1:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home