Reminiscence

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

14 Dec 05 - Chek Jawa again!

Today I met ex-colleagues for lunch. It has been more than 7 months since we last met one another. It was great to catch up again. I guess I would not have much opportunity to catch up with friends when I start my work so I need to do it while I have time. JUST DO IT!! haha!! After the lunch, I left for Pulau Ubin from Tampines.

It is my 2nd OJT to Chek Jawa. It is still a good trip. Every trip is a 'new' trip as you may or may not see the same creatures or if you are lucky you may even see new ones.

I saw another kind of sea star called Ferrari sea star (not the real name ;p) that can 'run' faster than the other kind that we normally see.

We saw a deformed sea star with only 4 arms. A normal one will have 5 arms.

There was also one 'diseased' crab that was 'conquered' by the barnacles. It will no longer be able to reproduce itself but rather it will reproduce barnacles instead. Poor crab!!

Tom, the guide for the group, knows just where to find the ball sea cucumber. He just went to a particular spot and then digged out a ball sea cucumber. Amazing!

We also saw a flat worm and a sea horse.

There was a cute and active little boy in our group today. He likes to walk around and touch here and there. He walked away from the group and landed one of his feet in the mud. He struggled to pull his foot out of the mud but failed. He stared helplessly at his mother and we could not help but laughed at this scene. His mother went to his rescue. His mother pulled out his leg without his shoe ;p Such adorable kid!!

** Didn't have my digicam with me today so I can't share with you the beautiful creatures. Please imagine!! Haha!

2 Comments:

  • why didn't you take any pictures? never mind, just bring us there next time, ok?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:05 PM  

  • You can check out the photos that I took during my first OJT at Chek Jawa on the blog post that is dated on 15 Nov 05.

    By Blogger Dee, at 11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home