Reminiscence

Saturday, January 07, 2006

7 Jan 06 - Pulau Ubin, the granite island


When I woke up this morning, the sky was grey and cloudy.

"Would it rain again?", I thought to myself.

The weather in Singapore is wet these 2 weeks. It's not just a momentarily downpour but it rains throughout the days with occasional stops. It was the same today too.

ShuFen, Jacqueline and I decided to go ahead with our plan to Pulau Ubin despite the unpredicable weather.

Taken near the jetty. I think it's SIA plane ;-)

I was very surprised that it was ShuFen's maiden trip to Pulau Ubin!! Jacqueline had not been there for about 10 years. We went there together during our poly days with our poly mates.

It was drizzling when we reached Pulau Ubin. We went to the sensory trail and I shared with them as much as I remembered when I went for the public walk last year. After the walk there, the sky cleared and we were ready to cycle!!

We cycled to a Noordin beach and stopped to rest. We asked a guy to help us to take a photo of us together. Then later, the guy asked us whether his friends could borrow our bicycles to go to the shops at the jetty to buy some coffee as it is quite a long distance away. We agreed. They came back with a can of Pokka green tea for each one of us ;-)

We continued our ride and stopped at a hut when it started to pour again. Though the weather was wet, we enjoyed the time together talking about anything under the sun. We took pictures of each one's eyes too ;p Guess whose eye is who's?


We returned our bicycles and went to one of the stalls near the jetty for Thai coconuts. My favourite drink when I am at Pulau Ubin! We talked the lady boss there and we realized that the guys that bought us green tea bought his drinks there ;p

We will come again! I will definitely be back again! ;p

We went to Changi beach after that. It's just beside the Changi Village Jetty. I have been to Pulau Ubin several times but I have never been to Changi beach ;p It never cross my mind that I can visit this place..haha. Sometimes I am just like that ;p It was funny to see three ladies (I prefer to use ladies than women ;p) strolling in the rain with three umbrellas.

After a long day of 'hardwork", we were all tired and hungry. We went to the hawker centre nearby for dinner. All of us had malay food: Mee Soto, Nasi Lemak, Satay and Cockles.

More photos here.

2 Comments:

  • Great pics! I like the pic taken near the jetty.. :) I think ur eye is the 1st eye? hehe

    By Blogger Prisca, at 10:07 PM  

  • Bingo!! It's correct ;-)

    By Blogger Dee, at 10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home