Reminiscence

Sunday, December 11, 2005

11 Dec 05 - Pride and Prejudice

Today Yi Hong, Pei Shan, Andrea, David, Jon, Bernard and I went to Orchard Cineleisure to watch "Pride and Prejudice" based on the book by Jane Austen. A simple romantic story where the dream of a woman is to find her prince charming.

This movie was set in class-conscious England at the end of the 18th century. Initally when I watched this movie with a lot of dancing with partners in a party, I got kind of bored with the slow-moving dance. It seems to me that during that time, girls were only interested to find the right man and get married. They seemed so desperate. Oh no! But as the story developed, I was moved at several scenes when there were battle of words between Lizzie and Mr Darcy. There are a few funny conversation as well when they played with words. Sweet ending!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • I read 3 of her books when I was in Sec 3; this one plus Sense and Sensibility, and Northanger Abbey. Can't remember what motivated to read such 'difficult' books. Not only lots of long, long words, but some of the sentences reached half a page!

    By Blogger Lam Chun See, at 7:31 PM  

  • Never read her books before ;p I heard that this movie has 2 different endings. One is based on the book and other is not.

    By Blogger Dee, at 7:48 PM  

  • When I was in Hwa Chong, my literature teachers absolutely hated Jane Austen heheh. But the movie was alright.

    Btw, thanks a million for helping me buy the Narnia series. =)

    By Blogger peishanyeo, at 10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home