Reminiscence

Saturday, December 10, 2005

10 Dec 05 - Italian lunch at my place

An Italian lunch party was organized on 10 Dec 05 at my house.

A friend asked me, "Any Italian?"
I replied, "No. Only Italian food."

It has been a busy 2 days for me as prepared for the lunch party at my place today. Housekeeping, buying all the necessary ingredients, cooking...a lot of work to do. My parents and my sister will be happy to see the house spick and span after they are back from their holiday ;p

It was the first time that I organized lunch at my house with most of the cooking done by myself for 20 people. It was a challenge!!

Estella and I made the tiramisu yesterday together. It's fun to see how the egg yolks and egg white thicken when they are beated at high speed. A few asked for the receipe for tiramisu today. I made a mistake, I should put the tiramisu in the freezer to harden it.


The preparation for the Bolognese sauce took a lot of time. I do not have enough time to make it until it is thick and juicy like that I've made in Rome. So you guys tasted a half-done Bolognese spagetti ;p We also had pesto with mushroom spagetti and salad.

Audrey made brownies ;-) and Mihai bought a panetone from Perugia in Singapore. Some bought sparkling juices and red wine.

Taeko, a Japanese whom I met at the Italian Cultural Institute, shared her experience when she was in Singapore. She saw a few T-shirt wore and bags carried by some locals with Japanese characters and pictures which made no sense to her. It's funny how she described all that she saw. She was shocked when she saw the three big fat terrapins in my toilet. She wanted me to 'remove' them so that she could go to the toilet. Taeko, you are not the first to be shocked!! haha!

Hwee Yee and Estella

I met Hwee Yee at the Italian Cultural Institute when we watched "Caterina va in citta'". We can share so much about our experience in Italy and also we can practise speaking Italian with one another too.

Jay, Andrea and Beck (The German beer?!)

Dee and Celine

Lynette, Lewis and Lisa (Yi Hong's cousins)

Taeko, Carol and Pei Shan

It was a good time together. Getting to know new friends and to catch up with some friends as well. Thank God for friends and everything ;-) He is good all the time!

Audrey, Mihai, Jay and Carol were playing Cluedo


Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • Eh, how come the photos on your blog are the same ones as Peishan's blog...

    Me wanna watch Pride & Prejudice too. Read the book when I was in Pr 4 and fell in love with it. Heh heh. But can hardly find people around me who wants to watch that show =(

    By Blogger Ying Fang, at 4:55 PM  

  • We used the same digicam to take the pictures ;p

    By Blogger Dee, at 11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home