Reminiscence

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Mika ;-) , A test question?, The Old days!

I have new friend now...so cosy and nice.


Having her regular shower..haha


Mika, the norwegien rabbit, sneaking out from the bin ;-)


Lately, I have been watching and reading up quite a bit on nature, this part of our world that I would care less about. The more I know about the natural environment around me, the more amazed and intrigued I am by the wonder of creation. We should stop and observe the other kind of life around us.

  • Do you know the clown fish can change its sex from female to male when there's an imbalance of the sexes in its population?
  • Do you know that male seahorse carries the youngs in his 'belly' until the youngs are born?

Q: Does Adam have one less rib than Eve?

But for Adam no suitable helper was found. So the LORD God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man's ribs and closed up the place with flesh. Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man. - Gen 2:20b-22

Many years ago, a Christian friend told me that man has one less rib than woman as God took one of Adam's ribs to create Eve. I took his word for it since he is a much 'older' Christian than I. Just happened to do a simple research and found that this myth is not true. Check out this website at http://biology.clc.uc.edu/courses/bio105/ribs.htm

We should learn from the Bereans to examine and check what others said is true especially in areas that are of great significance and importance.

Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true. - Acts 17:11

Blog: Good Morning Yesterday

I happened to find this informative blog about the old days of Singapore. Check it out yourself at http://goodmorningyesterday.blogspot.com/ and see how much we, the younger generation, miss out on.


1 Comments:

  • Hi DEE, thanks for recommending my site.

    About this rib thing, its actually quite simple logic. If you have to explain to others, you could try this (I heard from 1 preacher)

    "If I were to lose a hand from an accident, does it mean that my children will be born with only 1 hand?"

    May I recommend you one very informative magazine about these sort of issues. It's called: Creation. You can also go to: www.AnswersinGenesis.com

    By Blogger Lam Chun See, at 10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home