Reminiscence

Monday, March 13, 2006

The battles belongs to the Lord!!

Jon asked me yesterday why I have not blogged for a long time..so these are some of the reasons ;p It has been a busy and tiring week for me. I did a freelance web design, did part-time at a government agency and attended a wedding...and many other stuff.

A strange thing happened to me yesterday at 4am. I woke up and these words, "The battle belongs to the Lord!" were ringing in my mind. I was tired but alert. I just spent the next 30min-1hour praying for myself and everyone in my caregroup. I have been pretty tired lately I have been asking God to strengthen me so that I can minister and care for the people in my caregroup. I remember what Pastor Simon Eng said during the Europe church camp at Prague last year. He said the spirit within us must be stronger than the spirit of this world. I want to claim on God's promises for our lives. To reclaim all God's blessings for our lives and not to live in the devil's lies. After the prayer, I went back to sleep!!

I had a long day yesterday. After service, we had guitar lesson. I am now learning open chords. Still need to work on my strumming ;p Jay is pretty good. He can catch what Albert is playing pretty well ;-)

After guitar, I accompanied Anne to Hope membership orientation class to understand more about Hope Church Singapore. A good refresher for me but after that session I was dead tired.


As usual, I will log on to internet when I am home. I chatted with a few friends online and I shared about God and His love to this long time friend of mine from France. We had a good long chat!! I pray and hope that he will experience God personally in his life.

God is good all the time!!

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. - 2 Cor 3:17

..for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. Who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God. - 1 John 5:4-5

They will fight against you but will not overcome you, for I am with you and will rescue you," declares the LORD. - Jer 1:19

1 Comments:

  • Yo sis,

    Finally new entry!

    Here's a prophecy revealed on Sunday:

    Look far ahead! A ray from the sun is breaking through the dark cloudy sky. People of the earth reach out to worship the Lord, giving thanks for this ray of light. As more people gather to reach out and worship the Lord, the ray grow stronger and soon more rays start breaking out from different parts of the sky. Through faith, the dark cloud begin to broke up, and in no time clear blue sky reappears again! Henceforth, like the sermon on Sunday, you will be set free.

    Amen.

    By Blogger Jon Tan, at 11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home