Reminiscence

Friday, February 10, 2006

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength

A few days ago, I went with my mom to visit a clinic for body checkup. After that we went to chinatown for a walk together with my brother who just finished his job interview nearby. On our way home, my mom made a comment. She said,"The reunion dinner and feasting were over. Why people get busy with festivals year in and year out? Isn't it meaningless to go through such routine?"

After the many high festive seasons, what's next? Is my Christian life a routine? As I journey through life as a Christian, I go through high time and dry patch in my life and even question the reason for my being. Like what King Solomon said in the book of Ecclesiases chapter 3, there is a time for everything. I am reminded that I need to take hold of all these seasons and remember that He is in control and He is always with me. He is the one that will keep me green and fresh ;-)

Do you not know? Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.
~ Isa 40:28-31

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home