Reminiscence

Monday, February 20, 2006

Believe in the one He has sent!

During these few months, God has been teaching me one thing: TO TRUST HIM. He always reminds me through His word, people and images that He is always with me. His presence with me is more important than anything else. I believe that when He is with me nothing can be against me. I just need to stick close to Him despite at times I am really down. He will make things beautiful in His time.

Yesterday after the sermon by Pastor Ben about Breakthough to Victory, Diana shared these verses from John 6:28-29 which spoke to me a lot.

Then they asked him, "What must we do to do the works God requires?"
Jesus answered, "The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent."

To believe and trust in Him. God requires of us as Christian is not to do more good works but to trust in Him more.

"Offer the right sacrifices and trust in the Lord." - Psalms 4:5

Our heart attitude towards God is important. When we offer God our best, He is pleased and accepts them. I trust that He loves me and He will give me the best.

Water Baptism at East Coast Big Splash

After service and lunch, our CG went to East Coast Big Splash to encourage Bernard and Ai Pei for taking the step to be water baptised ;-) Chang Siong from Irving's caregroup was baptised too. Praise the Lord!!

Water baptism is a declaration of one's commitment to Christ.

A funny post written by Anne on the baptism sunday.



7 Comments:

  • Dear Sis!

    I cant imagine when you say you are really down... You are always one of the more positive person among us. =)

    Cheers
    Jon

    By Blogger Jon Tan, at 5:27 AM  

  • Hey, I'm still human. I do have my down time but I overcome it pretty fast ;-) By the grace of God.

    I always TRY to put things into perspective. When I wallow in self-pity for too long, I am doing disservice to myself and it's a dishonour to God that I don't trust Him. I always tell myself many people out there with much bigger problems can face their problems with courage so can I. All of can overcome issues in life b'cos we are overcomers in Christ.

    I need to learn to thank God in all circumstances.

    By Blogger Dee, at 9:53 AM  

  • Strong gal! I am so much weaker compared to you. Hee... I have started a new blog. I have transferred some of my old entries in my other blog to this new one.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:07 AM  

  • Wow AP, Thanks for sharing your blog ;-)

    By Blogger Dee, at 9:17 AM  

  • this AP is so secretive about her old blog... wondering how much gossip she has obout us man? keke... =p

    By Blogger Jon Tan, at 7:20 PM  

  • Ya, Jon, my gossips are all about you! ;p I am glad you realise that you have a lot for me to blog about. :P

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:29 AM  

  • So blessed to see folks from your CG getting baptised. This is indeed a sign of faith and obedience and represents a great spiritual breakthrough in the lives of the people!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home