Reminiscence

Monday, February 27, 2006

God is good all the time!

I have been feeling pretty down lately as I blew a job opportunity that I was so close to getting. It is a job that I really want to have and I was not really prepared for the interview. A big lesson for me for not preparing well.

I could not sleep well as I mulled over all the mistakes that I made. One good thing that came out of this is that I realized the importance of preparation and having the spirit of excellence. Learning from mistakes is never too late. I thank God for all those friends who heard me out these few days and helped me one way or another to pick up the broken pieces and to prepare for my coming interview. A friend even gave me online coaching on how to tackle interview questions ;-) Interview is all about impression management which personally I think is quite fake at times.

Despite the blunder I made, I still want to choose to praise Him ;-)

A friend shared with me recently her family problems and she was even on the verge of nervous breakdown. Life is not a bed of roses. Her source of strength is God.

Sometimes I wonder how I would handle issues and problems in life without God. Will I be able to be cool and handle issues and problems with the right perspective? Or will I have nervous breakdown when my stress level becomes too high to bear?

I am thankful that I have Him in my life and my supportive family and friends who are there for me during such times.

I get over things pretty fast...thank God. He is good all the time!!

4 Comments:

  • Don't give up. The best is yet to come. God has His timing for everything. I will keep you in prayers.
    You are a brave soldier of God. Press on.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:40 PM  

  • Thanks!! I had a good interview today ;-)

    By Blogger Dee, at 8:59 PM  

  • Do you know this one?

    Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
    Look full in his wonderful face,
    And the things of earth will grow strangely dim .....

    By Blogger Lam Chun See, at 11:13 PM  

  • Thanks for the encouragement. Thank God for all of u!!

    By Blogger Dee, at 11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home