Reminiscence

Saturday, January 28, 2006

28 Jan 06 - Labrador Park - Beach flea

I went to Labrador Park for a beach flea trip. I had vague idea of what this trip is all about as I never went on such trip before but I expected to see interesting marine life and hopefully some corals.

Initally when I reached the beach, I only saw seaweeds and more seaweeds. Was that all? Everything seemed still and not much life except the seaweeds. I thought to myself, "Alas! I think I could better spend my time somewhere else."

I continued walking along the rocky beach. Stopped and watched several times. Guess what I saw? When I remained still to observe things around, I really saw many lives!! hee..hee..I started to enjoy being still to observe.



Check out this video that I took. I was intrigued when I saw a leaf moving in the water when nothing else moved and there was no water current. I picked up the leaf and guess what I saw underneath it? Check it out yourself ;-)

More photos here.

Thank God I had a free ride home from Wai who stayed near my place and I reached home early for my family reunion dinner.

To all who celebrate Chinese New Year, I wish you and your family a blessed time together!!

5 Comments:

  • I would love to go on such trips... So cool...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:03 AM  

  • hey, u can out more from http://www.wildsingapore.com.

    It is great to expose children to the nature. To see the real stuff rather than from textbooks. They are used their five senses to observe their environment;-)

    By Blogger Dee, at 10:40 AM  

  • Wah... what is that thing! It looks like a crab but it is not right? Can eat or not? Haha...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:59 PM  

  • hee...hee...I'm also not very sure. I think it's a type of crustacean that looks for shells or in this case a leaf as shelther to protect itself against predators.

    By Blogger Dee, at 6:26 PM  

  • The crustacean is cute! Happy Lunar New Year to you & your family!

    By Blogger Prisca, at 9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home