Reminiscence

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

I am always with you till the end of the age...

Something caught my eyes yesterday when I was reading my bible from Genesis 39:2, 21, 23. "The Lord was with Joseph..., the Lord was with him.., the Lord is with Joseph." I felt a sudden urge to pray to ask God to be with me as He did for Joseph and also for God to bless everything that I put my hands to do like what He did for Joseph.

Early next morning, I received an email from a sister from my CG. An extract from her email. I was very encouraged!! God's assurance to me that He is always to me ;-)

...I know we are all facing certain uncertainties.... I just want to share with you something very reassuring. It is very good for anyone who is venturing out into new arena, who is doing something new....

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

If we acknowledge Him, He will be with us. This message is repeated again and again these few days as I read the end of the book of Deuteronomy and the beginning of Joshua.

Before Moses' death, he assured Israel and Joshua about God's leading.

To Israel, Moses said, " Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6

To Joshua, he said, "The Lord Himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." Deut 31:8

Joshua Chapter 1 : After Moses' death, Joshua was given this new task of leading Israel across Jordan. Tough. God had to assure Joshua three times, twice with "be strong and courageous" and once with "be strong and very courageous". God promised Joshua that as long as he kept the laws and decrees as instructed, he would be successful and prosperous.

I know that as long as in all my ways I acknowledge Him, He will make my paths straight.

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

....Take care. The Lord is with you.


Loneliness is being unware of the ONE who is with us everywhere.

2 Comments:

  • Do you know who said these words?

    "Did we not cast three men bound into the midst of the fire? ... Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of god."

    By Blogger Lam Chun See, at 9:42 PM  

  • King Nebuchadnezzar said these. Daniel 3:24-25.

    By Blogger Dee, at 12:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home