Reminiscence

Thursday, November 24, 2005

24 Nov 05 - The push factor

Today I watched an interview on TV program about an ex-drug addict who wrote a book about his past dark life and how he got clean. A touching real life story. A man who used to be in the deepest valley, climbed out of the dark pit. The stigma that he experienced even after he quitted drug. After much thought, he decided to write his life story in the hope to help those who are drug addicts. He tried many publishers but they were not willing to publish his book as he does not have $ to pay for the publishing fees. At the point when all hope was gone, a lady approached him as she saw the value in what he is doing and helped him. This book which published is about his life, his struggles, his pain and suffering and perseverence. A production was also made based on his life story.

Since my return from Rome, I thought I will be a bit lay-back as life in Rome is not as hectic as in Singapore. I did not exercise as much as I did not have someone to 'push' me. I am surprised by the motivation and drive of this someone who is very dear in my life. She was not like this in the past. She keeps "pushing" me to join her for sports, which is very unlike her. Her motivation spurs me on somehow. Though I may be stronger than her in terms of stamina but her spirit and motivation keep her going. In life, we need someone to 'push' us along or we can encourage someone along. We need people around us to give us this extra push to help us to move beyond our comfort zone. The best is to have this motivation that comes from within us. It will keep us going no matter what happens.

Something in life that I need to always learn is to learn to persevere. It is always easy to start but the long road down causes me to waver and fear at times. Perfect love drives out fear. If we are really passionate and clear of what lies at the end of the road, we can definitely finish the race that we start. Run together with someone who is willing to run together with us.

I thank God for the many closed friends that He has blessed me with and also my dear family who loves me. We, who are so blessed should extend our hands to help those who really need our help. Those who are crying silently within their hearts.

Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken. Ecclesiastes 4:12

A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed. Proverbs 11:25

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home