Reminiscence

Saturday, April 08, 2006

People who write well, think well

I will let you have a glimpse into my working life. My job requires me to liaise with MNCs frequently and also requires good business writing skills. In course of this, I bought "We, Me, Them & It" by John Simmons from MPH which I hope will help to improve in my writing and also to learn to position my points appropriately. I like one of the quotes in this book:

People who write well, think well.

In my company, we use MSN for work. Recently, I chatted with my colleague over MSN.

She suddenly popped me a question, " Are you a Christian?"

I said," Yes. How about you?"

She said, "Nope."

I was puzzled by her question. I was thinking and laughing to myself, "Do you have the holy look?" Then I asked her why she asked me this question.

She said, "You look like one of my friends who is a Christian."

Then I said, " Oh I see. I think I have a common face. We should go lunch together."

She replied, "Sure."

Yesterday, I went out lunch with my another colleague who is a Christian. He is a humorous guy. We had a good talk. I learnt more about the company that I am working for, his area of work and also his ministry in church. A fruitful and enriching time.

I will have an exciting week ahead. I am going to meet some 'big shot' next week alone. I am a bit nervous but I know that God will be with me ;-) I have this BIG SHOT with me all the while so I shall not fear anything else.

The blue days are over. I giggle and laugh more recently but on the other hand, I need to learn to laugh at the appropriate time ;p I am triggered easily to laugh by little things so I need to watch out ;p

God, I thank you for watching over me all the while, during my good and bad times ;-)

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

  • 你是否在工作中看到创造主?他就在你身边。愿意接受上帝赋予使命的人,上帝使用他们的手、身体和头脑,来为他工作。种种日常工作都与上帝休戚相关,因他在我们身上作工,而且藉著我们作工,从今时直到永远.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:35 PM  

  • Wah, that is an interesting question by your colleague! Maybe you put something on your MSN that must've got her thinking? Hehe...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:03 PM  

  • I suspect it is from your language. Once I was giving a lecture (to adults). After the class, one student came up and asked me if I was a Christian. I asked how he knew. He replied that only Christians like to use the word 'fellowship'.

    By Blogger Lam Chun See, at 4:26 PM  

  • Ink & Lam, I didn't put anything tagline on my MSN and I didn't really talk to her about anything else beside work. She just asked me this question simply because I look like one of her friends who is a Christian.

    Anyway, it's a good start for me to try to share Christ with her ;-)

    By Blogger Dee, at 5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home