Reminiscence

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Life lessons

I am the priviledged few to have a preview of a book a friend of mine is writing. I read the first chapter and he chronicled how he came to know God when he was 18. Writing reveals a person's inner thought life. He is now more than 50 years old. Like what he said we may look matured and different on the outside as compared to our younger days, but inside us we are pretty much the same. After reading this chapter, I prayed that God will help me to be more sensitive to others and to see things beyond the surface. No matter how tough a person may look on the outside, there are still struggles and cries in our hearts that are concealed from others.

I have been shopping lately to replenish my wardrobe. I went to a boutique and wanted to buy 2 tops but it did not have the right size for me. The sales assistant helped me to check with other branches and there were available stocks. I could only collect them 2 days later. Before I made the payment, I was told that if I had a particular card, I would enjoy 10%. I told her I did not have the card with me. I told her I would buy these items next time so that I could enjoy the discount. Seeing this, she was willing to give me the benefits of the doubt and I got to enjoy the 10%the discount. I promised her that I would bring the card as proof when I collect my tops. I paid and left. I collected the tops today and showed her the card as proof that I was entitled to the 10% discount.

She said, "I'm so glad that you show me your card. I was disappointed by the few customers who said they had the cards but did not come back as promised."

It may be an insignificant gesture and remark to many but it reminded me the importance of honouring our words.

But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him. - 1 Cor. 2:14

2 Comments:

  • I am am bad at this. Bad...bad..bad..:(

    By Blogger TuiteeBot, at 1:04 AM  

  • Haha!! I can testify to that.

    It just a reminder to me. I am a forgetful person too so it takes extra effort to remember things.

    By Blogger Dee, at 9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home