Reminiscence

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Free Ben & Jerry Ice-cream...burden

Yeah!! Today I have free Ben & Jerry Strawberry cheesecake ice-cream at Suntec City. After I queued and collected the ice-cream, I wanted to go to Carrafour to have a walk. As I walked into Carrafour, a man stopped me and said, "Excuse me, you are not allowed to eat in the toilet." I burst out laughing. The man corrected himself, "Sorry, in the store." We just laughed.

Lately, these are few things in life that are causing me 'headache'. Yesterday morning, I could not really focus on my work but I thanked God for my colleagues...The jokes that they told during lunch made that day lighter and more bearable ;-) It is true that laughter is a good medicine but the doctor is still my precious Lord Jesus. Many things are beyond me. I need to take things in its stride and commit all to God.

I did a word search, "burden" at Gospelcom.net and it listed many verses...

Matthew 11:30 - Jesus said," For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Galatians 5:1 - It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

Galatians 6:2 - Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.

Looking forward to the long weekend. Going for a short trip near Kota Tinggi to explore the nature with a group of friends. When I am out of Singapore, it is like all burdens are left behind ;p

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

  • Know this song?

    Burdens are lifted at Calvary, Calvary, Calvary.
    Burdens are lifted at Calvary,
    Jesus is very near.

    By Blogger Lam Chun See, at 1:33 PM  

  • Interesting, we both put up the same poster on our blogs! Haha... free ice cream (or anything FREE) is a big thing in S'pore! :P Congrats on managing to get your free ice cream! My colleagues went to Suntec for lunch but gave up at the sight of the queue.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:45 PM  

  • Chun See, thanks for your encouragement all these while. Really appreciate it ;-)

    Ink, I had 2 ice-creams today. Actually the queue was quite fast-moving though long. Yummy!!

    By Blogger Dee, at 10:34 PM  

  • I had a chocolate fudge brownie Ben & Jerry's today @Great World City!! I can't wait to buy a tub of it!! There goes my tennis lessons!! lol..

    Here's a verse to share.. =)

    Psalms 68:19
    Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens.

    The weekend draws near!! =)

    By Blogger Prisca, at 11:42 PM  

  • Are u referring to Rain Forest Resort.I went there last June. with family. Quite nice. But some Spore church groups (mostly teens) so noisy and disturbed the peace.

    Don't miss the fire-flies trip; and marvel at God's wonderful creation.

    By Blogger Lam Chun See, at 9:49 AM  

  • I am going for Mawai Eco Camp. Details here.

    http://ltc.vs.moe.edu.sg/mawai.html

    By Blogger Dee, at 10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home