Reminiscence

Sunday, December 25, 2005

24 Dec 05 - Christmas Eve Party

Skyscrapers in the day time

Irving and Yihong's caregroups combined to organize a Christmas eve party. We had a great time of food, games, singing Christmas songs, SALSA (wow!) and gift exchange.

I went early to Riverwalk apartment, which is near Clarke Quay MRT, to practise Salsa with Gabriel as we are going to do Salsa with our friends during the Christmas eve party in the night. This was my 2nd time dancing salsa. I tried once when I was in Rome during my birthday party. Hee..hee..we managed to dance. After the practice, we were both perspiring....;p

Some links on Salsa:

http://www.ballroomdancers.com/Dances/featured_steps.asp?Dance=SAL
http://www.bustamove.com/cgi-bin/scripts/post_link.pl?p=salsa&d=&b=963482178588


We helped with the decoration and then I practised caroling with Mervyn, Andrea and Yi Hong.


I was impressed with the decoration team. The decoration was really beautiful. I like the beautiful ribbons made by Reina, the Christmas tree and the ornaments hung on the ceiling. Wow! Bellissima!


We had great fun together with our friends. We played a few games. I like this game that we played. We were asked to blow a balloon and then we are to tie it to our legs. We formed 2 teams and then each one of us was assigned a number. The faciliator called a number from each team and the person with the assigned number needed to come out and then tried to burst the balloon of his/her opponent. A very exciting game!!

Dee, Angelina, Audrey

John and CK

Jun Ming, Celine, Audrey, Jay

Mery and Taeko

Edmond with Sidney

It was time for salsa. It was fun. After that, we sang a few Christmas songs and Irving shared something with us. We had our countdown together and then we had gift exchange.

Beautiful night scenery

4 Comments:

  • What is "Bellissima"? Hehe...
    Luckily you were salsa trained beforehand! I wonder how it's like salsa-ing with an Italian (I'm assuming salsa is a latin dance). :P

    Anyway, I'm one month late but my Christmas post is finally up! Call me the ghost of Christmas past (waaaay past). :P

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:35 AM  

  • Bellissma means very beautiful ;-)

    Hee...hee..actually it was fun dancing salsa. I like it ;-)

    I think Salsa was made popular among the hispanic then in the South America, North America and slowing moving to different parts of the world.

    By Blogger Dee, at 11:39 AM  

  • Oh cool! I learn a new word today!

    You seem very knowledgable about all things latin! Oh, salsa is also a sauce isn't it? Hehe...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:26 PM  

  • Haha...I don't really know latin stuff much. Just read up..hehe..

    By Blogger Dee, at 10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home