Reminiscence

Thursday, November 17, 2005

16 Nov 05 - Beyond the surface

What is the most exciting episode in your lives?

The most exciting parts in my life is not the beautiful sceneries that unfold before my eyes, the many sweet nice things that people say to you or even the thrill of finishing a half-marathon. The most exciting parts in life is when I see God moving among our midst and in my life and also when God opens my eyes to make me realise my weaknesses and His greatness in my life. Like the thorns in the flesh, these weaknesses will "torment" you and may make you seek Him for strength. Without these thorns, we may not even seek Him. When I am weak, then He is strong. May our God be glorified through our weaknesses.

Yesterday's "Healing church" conference was encouraging. Great testimonies of God's healing power upon the lives of people and good teaching too. God gives each individual what is best for them and He has a unique plan for each individual's life. He allows some people to carry some affirmities in their lives. In our time of weaknesses, we can still choose to glorify God. There's a story that pastor Simon Eng shared about a woman who made so much impact on people after after sickness that she may not have when she was healthy. Her life and the books that she wrote impacts many. When we are weak then He is strong!!! God has His unique purpose for individuals.

Faith without deeds is dead. Many times we believe in our mind but we do not dare to exercise our faith through actions. Let's practise faith in our lives that our God will be glorified!!

Who is the person that you love most in your life?

The recent Korean love TV series about 2 men's love for a woman who has cancer. A man died to give his cornea in order for her to regain her sight. When you truly love you forget about your needs. Such love is indeed powerful and life-changing. I've yet to grasp whole of such sacrifical love for others. I think the main problem we have or I have in my life is that we love ourself more than others that we find it such a pain to give and to love others. We will justify ourselves is all these worth the effort or 'love'. If Jesus is so calculative said the same thing, we might not be saved from our sins. Ask the Lord of love to teach us to love unreservedly. To help us to love You more than we love ourselves. When we learn to love like Jesus, the world will be filled with faith, hope and love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home