Reminiscence

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM)

I just did a 12-hour course on Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) at Confucius Institute, Nanyang Technological University. It is a good introductory course to TCM. I always like to drink herbal soup made by my mother. I signed up with the aim of learning how to have better quality of life and health through proper diet.

Thank God that this course is conducted in English but Professor Hong Hai, Dean of Business School of NTU. I would be lost if it is conducted in Mandarin with those abstract terms.

I learnt many things like TCM is not to replace western medicine but to complement each other. TCM helps to improve health during the recovery stage from illness and is good as a preventive medication. I also start to have new interest in Chinese culture and history.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home