Reminiscence

Sunday, April 08, 2007

"My Son" - Beautiful Mountain

The next day, we left for a day trip to My Son. It was an impressive site worth going.

My Son which means beautiful mountain, was built by Champa kingdom in the 4th-13th century, whose origin was from the Javanese in Indonesia. This site was the area of worship to their gods. It was fascinating to understand how the Champa people worship as the local tour guide explained. My Son was a smaller version of the Angkor Wat in Cambodia.

The Viet Cong used to use this area as their hideout but it was later bombed by the American army. A few temples were destroyed.

After My Son, we took a boat ride to an island where wood handicraft was made.

We went back to Trung Bac for Cao Lau again for lunch. My last meal in Hoi An.

Lanterns are sold in many shops here in Hoi An. Our tour guide bought us a lantern each.

After which we went back to our hotel to prepare for our 12-hour night bus ride to Nha Trang.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home