Reminiscence

Monday, December 18, 2006

Be a blessing..

I bought 2 issues of Discipleship Journal magazines 2 weeks ago. These magazines are very informative and insight. In one of the issues, it talked about "The good news about money". After reading these articles on money related matters, I reviewed and reflected on how I should manage my money. I felt prompted in my heart to want to do more to bless those in need. One of the ways is to sponsor a child through World Vision through monthly contribution. This is one way I can bless a child who needs financial assistance in other parts of the world.

Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. - James 1: 27

God blessed me financially recently. I felt that God gave me for a reason. To bless others.

Lord, teach me to be a good steward of your resources.

3 Comments:

  • Hey, this is a nice article you wrote. I am encouraged by it. Thank God for friends like you...

    By Blogger Joyce Lim, at 9:19 PM  

  • hi Dee, how are u? haven't visited yr blog for a while. anyway 3 things strike a chord in me. 1)Discipleship Journal = excellent mag and have always been blessed by it
    2)World Vision sponsorship = one of the best things i've ever done in my life .. has blessed me more than I gave.
    3) James 1:27 = something the Lord speaks dearly to our ministry in children's church. We are working to greater outreach in 2007.
    Thanks for sharing!!

    By Blogger Hiew Hong Teck, at 1:06 AM  

  • Hey Hong Teck/Joyce, thanks for the compliments. God has always been good and faithful to me all these years. May 2007 be a great year to both of you too!!

    Expect great things from Him!

    By Blogger Dee, at 9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home