Reminiscence

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Baby-sitting....& housekeeping

J and I are baby-sitting this whole week till this Sunday. My family are away for holiday and no one is at home to take care of our pet rabbits, gold fish, tetra fish, terrapins and to water the plants. We move to our parents' house temporally to feed them in the morning and evening.

This is Lewis. He is about 7 years old. Quite old for his age and thank God he is still healthy...;)

I still have a lot of my personal stuff at my parents' house. I have been trying to clean and clear my stuff to bring to my house. As I messed around, digging deep to stuff that I have not touched for years, I discovered several 'treasures' that are long-lost. My mom found a $50 note hidden away in one of my bags. I saw a Precious Moment cross-stitch that I did many years ago and it still needs a few finishing touch before completion. I saw a lot of the encouragement cards and letters that church friends, my brother and other friends gave to me since my school days. I read a few cards and letters and I was moved and touched.

Even as I reflect, we live in the here and now and a lot of times we forget the past that led us to where we are today. God reminds me to be grateful and thank God for all the people that I have met, I have been touched and I have touched. Thank God for the sweet memories that remind me of His goodness in my life ;-)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home